Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Moment of truth

Nitin nana and Purnima nani came in followed by Maheep, Farida, Ashwini, Rakesh and Kusum. At around 6;30 ma was wheeled into the theatre ready to deliver you. I requested Dr. Rajiv to be present when you made an appearance. My wish was granted when at around 7:35 I got called in. Ma was awake but unaware of the surgery because of the anesthesia, we held hands and chatted a bit.At 7:37 pm I saw your head emerge with the umbilical cord wrapped around your neck, which Doc Rajiv pointed out to me. Thank god we decided to have you today! Unravelled by the doc you were fully out at 7:38pm and the cord was cut. I just stood transfixed holding ma's hand. The doc put you on ma's chest for a bit and you stopped wailing. You were then put in my arms, It felt amazing.

No comments: